Monday, April 26, 2010

Water Marbling

I water marbled! Yay! 

Its the coolest thing ever, I swear! 

If you are going to do it, I strongly suggest watching a couple of youtube videos about it first, since it is very complicated. Heres the video I watched. 

Heres how mine turned out





You will need: 
Two or three [high quality, non-gloopy] nail polishes of your choosing. I used China Glaze Rich and Famous and China Glaze Up All Night.
Toothpick, or something pointy
Cup of water. Cold works best
Tape. I used masking tape.
   
Drop the colors alternating in the water, they should spread. After you feel you have enough rings, drag the toothpick through it to make a cool design, then put you finger in the design and before you take it out, clean up the remaining paint.

Basically, this is super hard [I think] My boyfriend helped me with mine [he was interested in the science of it!] You really have to experiment with it. I love how mine ended up turning out and I started some sort of revolution because now everyone is doing at my work and stuff haha!
If you try it, blog it and tell me about it!

2 comments: