Saturday, March 13, 2010

Academy Awards 2010 - The best and the worst

Below are some fabulous dresses and some not so fabulous dresses from this year's Academy Awards. 

Cameron Diaz
Oscar De La Renta

Andrea: Cameron looks good. A dress like this one you can’t really go too wrong with. I was slightly disappointed because I was expecting more from her.

Carol: This was probably my favorite look of the night.  The detail on this dress is absolutely gorgeous, and I love the fact that she didn’t overdo the look with crazy hair and accessories.  The red lipstick and nail polish are the perfect finishing touches.

Abby: One of my favorites, you can’t go wrong wearing Oscar to the Oscar’s (haha).

Jennifer Lopez
Giorgio Armani

Andrea: Is it just this picture or does she look huge? I’m not a fan of architectural dresses in the first place, and in top of that that side poof is just not doing it!

Carol: To be honest, this dress kind of reminds me of the foam they use to rap fragile things…the style is very flattering though

Abby: Ummmm…no JLo…just no.


Charlize Theron
Christian Dior

Andrea: Why Charlize? Why?! This dress has so much potential, and then the boob flowers had to come in!

Carol: The color looks great on her, but other than that I’d say this is pretty disastrous.  The material is all wrinkled, and is it just me or do those rosettes scream “let’s look at my boobies!”?

Abby: OH MY GOODNESS. Ummmmmm...i like the color?

Elizabeth Banks
Versace

Andrea: I can’t bring myself to like this. Maybe it’s the frill; I think it’s too much. I think the bodice looks lovely on her though.

Carol: This is absolutely stunning- very sophisticated, pretty and not at all boring.

Abby:Gorgeous! It fits her beautifully!

Penelope Cruz
Donna Karan

Andrea: This dress is stunning. You really can’t go wrong with this material and color. The only thing is the bottom looks like it’s too big on her.

Carol: It’s a little been there, done that.  Great color, but it doesn’t flatter her body at all, and it’s a really cliché look.

Abby: This is a very “safe” dress for Penelope. Usually I’m wowed by her couture gowns but not so much this time.


Anna Kendrick
Elie Saab

Andrea: I just love nude tones! This drapes around Anna nicely, it sort of makes her look like a goddess. And the flower on the chest is the perfect addition.

Carol: I seriously can’t find anything I don’t like about this.  It’s so gorgeous from the flowers on top to the lace trim in the front.  I love the off the shoulder straps and the slit down the front- they balance out the innocence of this look with a little skin.  Absolutely gorgeous!

Abby:Probably my favorite dress of the night. It fits her beautifully, the color is fabulous, and it’s just a breathtaking Elie Saab.


Demi Moore
Versace

Andrea: One of my favorites of the night; again a jewel toned dress. Is it just me or does Demi look super fit? Is it the dress? I love the contrast in this, on top we have firm and almost sporty looking, and on the bottom its frilly and girly, with a flower accent, but just enough of both; a perfect medium.

Carol: For some reason this is really busy and boring at the same time…

Abby:  I love the bottom but it’s almost like the color is too close to her skin tone. I don’t know, I just feel like something is off with it.

What do you guys think?

Love,
All of us ♥

P.S. Thanks to NYdailynews.com for the pics :)

2 comments:

  1. Have to say you gals got it spot on! I love the color of the dresses Charlize and Liz wore. My fave: def the dress Anna wore! I so did not feel the nude dress Demi wore.

    Would love tips on how to wear nude as it's the next big color..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple dress needs to be ironed! ahh thats a disaster.
    Fave dress? Anna all the way! So perfect.

    ReplyDelete