Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hit or Miss? Part II

Hey everyone, this is Carol.  I just wanted to share my favorite looks from the Met Gala last night, as well as the ones that made me cringe...

Hit:

Kirsten Dunst in Rodarte for Gap
Another amazing creation by the ladies of Rodarte!  This dress is so pleasantly unconventional, and the detailing is absolutely gorgeous.  Kristen looks like an angel...hah, I'm obsessed with this

Blake Lively in Marchesa

Although I'm never a fan of this girl's hair (it's so pretty, she should be workin' it, not slicking it back!), I have to say she rocked this dress!  It's a work of art on its own, and Blake's long legs add that extra bit of oomph to the whole look.  And the color of this dress is gorgeous! 

Vera Wang and Mila Kunis in Vera Wang

Oh Vera, you've done it again.  You've managed to create a beautiful mess.  Seriously, who else can make a dress so busy look so gorgeous?!  Mila looks absolutely stunning and Vera herself is as sophisticated and sexy as ever.  Miss Wang, you are a genius :)

Miss:

Eva Mendes in Dolce & Gabbana

Ok, I'm usually partial to anything Dolce, but this is atrocious!  I'm all for florals, but I think this dress is over the top- in a bad way.  Had the fabric been plain, I think she would've rocked this dress!

Rosario Dawson in Giambattista Valli

Dis-ast-er.  Seriously, this is like a five years old's Halloween costume.  The top and bottom are not at all cohesive, and it does nothing good for her body. 

Elizabeth Banks in Gucci

From the mismatched lace on the dress and tights to the tacky feathers, this look just screams overkill. There is just too much going on here.  I think the only good part of this look is the shoes.

Let me know what you guys think!

~Carol


2 comments:

  1. I think you hit the nail on the head though I do like the Dolce dress. I like the style of it just not the pattern for the event (though I don't think there's anything wrong with the pattern itself)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol,

    Nice blog. We love it.
    We’ve been taking note of your style and we've come to be wonderfully addicted to it.
    We'd like to invite you as our 1st group of fashionista to join WhatIWear in a conquest to inspire the world,changing one wardrobe at a time.

    Click HERE to become a member - www.whatiwear.com
    Or check our blog at blog.whatiwear.com

    --
    Here are some members who have already joined us.
    Anastasia Siantar - brownplatform.com
    Andree Judd - avantgardien.tumblr.com
    Willabell Ong - paledivision.blogspot.com
    Marie Hamm - themavenpost.blogpost.com
    Paris & London - themadtwins.blogspot.com
    Alyssa Lau - theordinarypeoples.blogspot.com
    Nadine Drexler - whengreengrasswasyellowonpictures.com
    White Lace - whitelace.ro
    Becka Häggblom - sunshineinnorth.blogspot.com
    Michalina Z - stook-pook.blogspot.com
    Jessica C - westmountfashionista.com
    Claradevi Handriatmadja - luce-dale.com

    ReplyDelete